The Future of JD Edwards
Companies that make the investment in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 will reap considerable advantage because the future of JD Edwards is bright. Investing in the upgrades now allows companies in any industry to leverage an extensive collection of future advances and product enhancements that will help improve process and efficiency.
As seen in the recent post, JD Edwards in the Cloud: 10 Reasons to Upgrade Your ERP to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 Now, Denovo is a proven partner helping existing EnterpriseOne customers upgrade and World customers migrate their systems to take advantage of all JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 has to offer. Exploring the Future of JD Edwards: Why Investing in Upgrades Is Still the Smart Strategy takes a close look at how to maximize the investment.
JD Edwards Upgrades Then and Now
The previous release model had Oracle releasing new application products roughly every three years. Each of those releases came with a support horizon, five years for premier support and three years for extended support.
Oracle has unveiled a new release strategy, with cloud and hybrid cloud delivery of regular updates that require minimal evaluation and testing. Each year, the company has plans to evaluate and extend support timelines.
For customers, this model provides a longer support window, continuous product enhancements, and choice about whether to apply new features.
What It Means for Customers
Oracle continues its commitment to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 customers with an array of enhancements. In 2017 alone, new features were added that include:
- Twelve new user roles with related role-based content, in asset management, human resources, maintenance, and production. Enhancements were made to the project managers and property managers roles. New navigational capacity was added to other roles, too.
- Additional mobile barcode scanning enhancements
- Mobile watchlists
- Mobile time entry
- Single sign-on
- Additional ERP enhancements to batch load confirmation, expense entry, service management, capital asset management, project costing, contract and service billing, and business process modeling.
- Multiple localization upgrades across the globe
- Basket pricing for procurement
- Inventory commitments in grower and blend management functionality